|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2020-05-31 07:03 PDT|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001270||Dwarf Fortress||Creatures||public||2010-04-17 00:15||2011-03-08 08:11|
|Priority||low||Severity||minor||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Platform||x86 (AMD Athlon 7550 Dual-Core)||OS||Wine||OS Version||1.1.32|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0001270: Depth 3 cavern vermin on surface [spoilers] (adventure mode)|
|Description||In adventure mode I saw a creepy crawler inside a shop in an inhabited human town. Creepy crawlers are subterranean chasm biome with an underground depth 3, and there isn't any path in the town's map down to the caverns, so it shouldn't be up there. Plus, it's marked as [EVIL], and the town isn't in an evil biome. Might be related to 0001181, where items from caverns got scattered on the surface without any path from the caverns up to the surface.|
|Steps To Reproduce||I have no idea if any of this has any relevance to the bug, since I haven't tried to reproduce it, but here are some unusual aspects of the game leading up to the bug:|
1) In another game, started as a human adventurer in a human town, and on the "Q" screen I cycled through "the depths of the world" until I found one which was very close to the starting town.
2) Quit the game, erased the save directory, and started a new game from a backup of the region1 folder from before starting the adventuring game. Embarked in the square where the "depths of the world" had been shown, with the embark area filling up the entire map. Ran into the "cavern collapses on embark" bug.
3) Re-embarked on the same square, but with a 4x4 embark area over the place where the collapse happened, and dug down to the collapse point. Found a made-out-of-slade structure (temple?)
4) Abandoned the fortress and started an adventurer game, so my adventurer could easily get down to the slade structure.
5) Went down into the slade structure, picked up the upright masterwork adamantine sabre, went down to the glowing pits, and then came back to the surface since I couldn't go any deeper.
6) Went back to the human town to sell the piece of leather I'd found in the slade structure. The shop-keeper wasn't in, so I started sneaking and crawling on the ground at the same time to make time pass quickly until the shop-keeper came back.
7) Noticed the creepy crawler in the shop.
|Additional Information||Savefile at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2131 [^]|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|2010-04-17 00:15||Khym Chanur||New Issue|
|2010-04-17 13:21||Footkerchief||Relationship added||related to 0001274|
|2010-04-19 09:51||Footkerchief||Relationship replaced||parent of 0001274|
|2010-04-19 09:51||Footkerchief||Relationship added||parent of 0001325|
|2010-06-03 00:56||Footkerchief||Relationship added||parent of 0001867|
|2010-06-03 00:56||Footkerchief||Relationship deleted||parent of 0001274|
|2011-03-08 08:11||Footkerchief||Relationship added||child of 0001181|
|2011-03-08 08:11||Footkerchief||Relationship deleted||parent of 0001867|
|2011-03-08 08:11||Footkerchief||Relationship deleted||parent of 0001325|
|2018-04-16 11:44||Huntthetroll||Issue Monitored: Huntthetroll|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2010 MantisBT Group|