Dwarf Fortress Bug Tracker - Dwarf Fortress
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0010237||Dwarf Fortress||Adventure Mode -- Conversation||public||2017-05-18 15:48||2020-02-11 04:04|
|Platform||Acer Switch||OS||WIndows||OS Version||Windows 10|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0010237: War/marching army rescue is wonky|
|Description||Starting an adventure character in a site with an approaching army (or at least rumors of one) gives you a special starting message prompting you to gather those you can and flee.|
There are some problems though:
-The military threat doesn't have to be immediate for villagers to agree to follow you (I'm fairly certain that where I experienced it, the army had already come and been defeated, but the rumor still existed)
-It is possible to have a permanent party member with this
-There is no option to "tell the citizen they are safe" or anything, instead, the citizens are treated like kidnapped children. This means you're compelled to take fully grown adults across the planet to their families as opposed to the safety of the next site over.
|Steps To Reproduce||Specifically concerning the permanent party member:|
1. Go to a town that is being "marched on" with "armies on the march"
2. Find someone who says "I have no family to speak of" when you "ask about their family".
3. Bring up the invading army.
4. Ask them to join you and be rescued.
They will thank you and agree unconditionally.
5. Talk to them, and "bring up the current journey".
6. They will mention they have no family to speak of.
7. You cannot find someone to adopt them (like you could a child with no family) and you cannot cancel the current agreement. They are stuck as your companion forever.
|Additional Information||I'm sorry I didn't report this earlier, because I don't have as great of a save as I might have otherwise.|
That said, the site that http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12911 [^] is long after I went around and gathered up everyone in the town before realizing I couldn't just take them to the next town over. There are still some unremovable party members, and they still talk about the impending doom.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|2017-05-18 15:48||ArrowThunder||New Issue|
|2017-05-29 21:02||a52||Note Added: 0036576|
|2017-08-03 05:45||park66665||Issue Monitored: park66665|
|2018-04-25 09:45||Huntthetroll||Issue Monitored: Huntthetroll|
|2020-02-11 04:04||Ratter||Note Added: 0040012|