Dwarf Fortress Bug Tracker - Dwarf Fortress
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0011529||Dwarf Fortress||Pathfinding||public||2020-04-27 04:50||2020-04-27 08:15|
|Priority||normal||Severity||major||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0011529: Kill order squad rush the wrong way|
|Description||It's now happened twice under similar circumstances.|
I have a single tile wide entrance passage at the surface with a door on the inside and a drawbridge on the outside. Enemy building destroyers are trapped between the raised drawbridge and the door, so a squad is stationed in the courtyard below the entrance (there's a single tile wide staircase up to the entrance).
I ensure I unlock the door (which the enemies will break down eventually), and order the squad below to kill the enemy furthest away in the entrance (assuming they'd have to kill the one(s) in between to get there.
Instead of running up the stairs and through the door, they run the other way out of the fortress and into the open where they can't reach their target, but where the remainder of the invading target can reach them (as they're most likely retching their guts out due to cave adaptation).
Cancelling the kill order and ordering the squad to return to their station failed: they continued to file out, even though there were no enemies in sight. A guess is that they might have considered stationing 1 Z level above their target to be good enough (No, it definitely isn't!)?
|Steps To Reproduce|
|Additional Information||I suspect it's the task of climbing a stair and go through a door that isn't handled properly.|
Using LNP r04, the Phoebus tileset, DFHack
- PSV world
- DFHacking all glaciers to evil during world gen
- Biodiversity DFHacking to assign all surface plants and creatures to all biomes they're legal for.
- Ensure a particular biome is evil.
- Pre embark DFHacking to shape the biomes at the embark to contain all the 9 biomes possible.
Raws slightly modded:
- Wood for woodless trees to get them to appear.
- Doubled Gremlin size to allow others to make Kobold clothes for it before it can petition and make clothes itself (which requires using Dwarf Therapist), as they'll go insane during the petition cool down otherwise.
- Reduced all attack triggers for monsters
- Reduced attack triggers for civs
- Made goblins start on glaciers exclusively
- Increased max site size for elves (in the hope of getting enough of them to visit)
- Removed mandates for dwarf nobility (I consider them incompatible with the injustice system that's mandatory with Villains).
I don't think any of the above is relevant to the issue.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|2020-04-27 04:50||PatrikLundell||New Issue|
|2020-04-27 08:15||PatrikLundell||Note Added: 0040511|
|2020-04-27 08:16||PatrikLundell||Note Edited: 0040511||bug_revision_view_page.php?bugnote_id=0040511#r16458|