|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account
|2024-02-27 19:02 PST
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap
|View Issue Details
|Dwarf Mode -- Missions
|Fixed in Version
|0011653: Weird behaviours when sending soldiers that have tamed pet vermins out on a mission
|Twice, when sending one of my axemen on a mission, they would make a detour to go fetch the pet tame rat they adopted from a cage at the tavern. But just like when they first adopted the rat, they just let it out of the cage and leave it there, leaving on the mission without them. The tame rat then just stays on their tile adjacent to the cage while another dwarf automatically gets a job to put them back in the cage.
|Steps To Reproduce
|1. Boot the game, create a smaller world and start a new fortress
2. Get or edit your dwarves to have a preference for rats
3. Capture a live rat and tame it at a kennel
4. Move the rat from its trap to a cage placed in a meeting area like a tavern
5. Make the rat available for adoption from the Animals [z] panel
6. Wait for a dwarf to eventually adopt the rat
7. Add this dwarf to military squad
8. Send the squad out on a mission (such as exploring a deserted location)
9. Observe the dwarf going to fetch their rat then just leave it there.
|The axeman is not a Dwarf, it is called an "Eye of Ür". They used to be a dwarf but were cursed into this form by a demon, joined my tavern as a Poet and were eventually granted citizenship. The slight extra size makes them able to multigrasp halberds so I thought they'd make a fine addition to my military.
|No tags attached.
Deity Link (reporter)
|My axeman seems to go do the same pointless maneuver of letting their rat out (only for it to get put back in) when I set the squad to inactive. The issue might have more to do with tamed vermins specifically.
|Note Added: 0040809
|Copyright © 2000 - 2010 MantisBT Group