|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2022-12-01 14:30 PST|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003027||Dwarf Fortress||Dwarf Mode -- Diplomacy||public||2010-08-14 14:53||2018-01-18 20:32|
|Assigned To||Toady One|
|Priority||normal||Severity||minor||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Platform||x64||OS||Windows 7||OS Version||Ultimate x64|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||0.44.06|
|Summary||0003027: Diplomats not holding meetings|
|Description||So, I was having issues with meetings not occuring. Related to the "Demonic Antelope Humanoid" Diplomat I had sealed in a room. Each caravan brings a diplomat, no meeting are held. I had maybe one or 2 diplomats get frustrated and leave, but 13 were there by the time I killed of the Diplomat.|
The last meeting I had before this was with elves in 1054 setting lumber limits. It was 1059 when I killed him, I didn't have any of the meetings in the meantime. Killing him off started the meeting cycle again.
Main issue is the game attempts to hold meetings in order that diplomat was received, and when blocked it won't hold any meetings until resolved.
|Steps To Reproduce||Have demonic humanoid as Diplomat, then seal him in a room because he is wrecking the place.|
|Additional Information||I killed off the demon by dropping the ceiling on him, and meetings started taking place again. Also, Diplomat was sealed in for 5 years game time, and didn't go insane either.|
|I have a similar problem. My mayor lost several limbs in a goblin ambush, and now he simply Rests all the time. Diplomats show up, but he never meets with them. However, they don't get unhappy and leave, they just hang around. There are currently 9 diplomats in the fort (3 from each civilization). I've uploaded the save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3053 [^]|
In duckthatquacks situation, its the mayor whose unable to conduct meetings. You can break the stalemate by killing off the mayor. Just watch out for elf logging agreements, they cause a crash if one of the elf diplomats is skipped.
I don't know what the conditions are for mayor re-election, but if another dwarf becomes mayor the situation may clear as well, though you may still have that one diplomat locked into conduct meeting with the bedridden former mayor.
In my case I had a baron and baroness, the elf diplomat was chasing the baron, and the demon was set up to meet with the baroness. Once I dropped the ceiling on the demon the baroness met with all queued diplomats, and set up a crash situation when the elf diplomat finally met with the baron.
edited on: 2011-11-09 11:55
The diplomats in my fort are not meeting my mayor even though the mayor is sometimes described as conducting meetings. It should be noted that I have been avoiding naming the baron for quite some time. This set of saves includes one from before the diplomats started to reside in my fort.
When I manually changed the mayor to the previous one the meeting occurred as usual, however the game also told me that a diplomat left unhappily.
Just a thought, do the diplomats search for a specific post ie mayor, or a specific dwarf and post, ie Urist McDwarf, mayor.
|It seems like this hasn't occurred since 0000596 was fixed, so I'll call this one fixed too. Please PM a manager on the forums if it can still occur.|
Playing a new Fortress in version 0.42.02, I found myself having to replace a vampire mayor who was serving a very long jail sentence (see issue 0005645). This caused a human bard who was trying to attend a meeting with the vampire mayor to abort said meeting and skipped to a human mercenary successfully petitioning with the new mayor.
Unfortunately, that was the last meeting that ever happened in the next one-and-a-half years, as a growing number of visitors and the outpost liaison stood around the tavern stuck with 'no activity', the latter eventually leaving unhappily (see the save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11433 [^] )
The issue persists through replacing the mayor, waiting for a new election and even retiring and un-retiring the fort, but is instantly resolved by killing the human bard 'Ad Ladgiebka', whose aborted meeting with the vampire mayor seemingly triggered it.
I'm not sure how to replicate the issue, as just replacing the mayor during a meeting doesn't seem enough to trigger it.
|After several years playing a fort (v0.42.04), the dwarf liaisons just stopped holding meetings. They come and go normally, but no meeting occurs. Liaison waits around with "no activity". They did hold meetings successfully during the first few years of the fortress.|
|Is your mayor accessible, out of military and with enough time for meetings, grayfox?|
|He's not in the military, but he was also the broker. I switched to a different mayor and suddenly had several petitions from visitors. The liaison is currently listening to a story. I'll see if a meeting happens or not.|
|I tried a few different mayors. They'd ignore petitions & liaison, while drinking, eating, sleeping, etc. But now I finally found one that would have a meeting with the liaison.|
edited on: 2017-06-07 02:21
I've done some investigation on the save Mygna provided.
- Replacing the mayor with a new one who isn't the previous one got meetings going until Ad was up for meeting, at which time things gummed up again.
- Using DFHack to look at the structures (before doing anything with the save), Ad had scheduled meetings both with the previous mayor (I assume) and the current one in unit.specific_refs. When the meetings gummed up with a 3:rd mayor a 3:rd meeting appeared. The mayors all referred to their corresponding meeting entries in their unit.specific_refs.
- Removing the meeting structures did not resolve the issue: something else is blocking the former mayors from holding meetings, although Ad can meet with a 3:rd mayor successfully.
- Killing and resurrecting Ad caused the current mayor to resume meetings and eventually also meet Ad successfully. The death cleared the meeting structures away from all 3 parties, and presumably also removed the blockage I've failed to locate.
- DF probably goes wrong when the mayor is replaced and a new meeting is scheduled with the new mayor without removing the one scheduled with the former one (including the blocking state). Ad presumably won't meet the new mayor until the old meeting is performed, but that will never take place as the old mayor doesn't hold the office anymore.
- Removing just the old meeting from both parties did not get meetings going.
- Reinstating the former mayor likewise failed to get meetings going.
- I believe Mygna's situation can be reproduced reliably (two times out of two): When the units view shows a visitor is to conduct a meeting, replace the expedition leader/mayor, and the meetings cease. DFHack examination shows the same double meeting assignment on the visitor as Mygna's save does.
- Getting the blocking visitor to leave the embark (by setting the "head for the forest" flag) successfully got meetings to be conducted again.
|2010-08-14 14:53||knofbath||New Issue|
|2010-08-14 17:01||Dwarfu||Relationship added||related to 0000596|
|2010-09-03 17:07||duckthatquacks||Note Added: 0012393|
|2010-09-03 19:27||Dwarfu||Tag Attached: Save Included|
|2010-09-04 06:53||knofbath||Note Added: 0012401|
|2011-09-12 21:55||Dwarfu||Relationship added||has duplicate 0004895|
|2011-11-06 15:32||blake77||Note Added: 0018959|
|2011-11-06 15:47||blake77||Note Edited: 0018959||View Revisions|
|2011-11-09 11:55||blake77||Note Edited: 0018959||View Revisions|
|2014-12-30 20:29||Footkerchief||Note Added: 0031604|
|2014-12-30 20:29||Footkerchief||Status||new => resolved|
|2014-12-30 20:29||Footkerchief||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2014-12-30 20:29||Footkerchief||Assigned To||=> Toady One|
|2015-01-19 16:12||lethosor||Fixed in Version||=> 0.31.13|
|2015-12-09 18:49||Footkerchief||Assigned To||Toady One =>|
|2015-12-09 18:49||Footkerchief||Status||resolved => new|
|2015-12-10 04:10||Mygna||Note Added: 0033714|
|2016-01-20 11:22||grayfox||Note Added: 0034492|
|2016-01-20 11:43||Detros||Note Added: 0034493|
|2016-01-20 13:44||grayfox||Note Added: 0034494|
|2016-01-20 14:04||grayfox||Note Added: 0034495|
|2016-08-07 19:15||Loci||Resolution||fixed => open|
|2017-06-06 07:10||lethosor||Relationship added||related to 0009626|
|2017-06-06 07:12||lethosor||Relationship deleted||related to 0009626|
|2017-06-06 08:34||PatrikLundell||Note Added: 0036599|
|2017-06-06 09:29||lethosor||Fixed in Version||0.31.13 =>|
|2017-06-07 02:21||PatrikLundell||Note Edited: 0036599||View Revisions|
|2018-01-18 20:32||Toady One||Status||new => resolved|
|2018-01-18 20:32||Toady One||Fixed in Version||=> Next Version|
|2018-01-18 20:32||Toady One||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2018-01-18 20:32||Toady One||Assigned To||=> Toady One|
|2018-01-24 19:26||Dwarfu||Relationship added||related to 0010523|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2010 MantisBT Group|