|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2022-05-26 06:28 PDT|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0006518||Dwarf Fortress||Dwarf Mode -- Jobs, Hauling||public||2014-06-28 10:56||2021-01-08 08:38|
|Platform||Linux||OS||Debian||OS Version||7.x (amd64)|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0006518: Minecart track stop taking from multiple stockpiles only takes from one, until save/load|
|Description||A minecart track stop taking from multiple stockpiles only takes from one of them, until saving/loading the game.|
(This is from a "quantum minecart stockpile" setup, taking from two feeder stockpiles instead of one feeder stockpile. But it is more broadly applicable to any hauling routes that want multiple input stockpiles at a single stop.)
|Steps To Reproduce||1) Build a minecart.|
2) Dig a bunch of stone.
3) Construct a track stop (dumping optional -- all of mine have always dumped into a third stockpile).
4) Make two stockpiles near the track stop, with different items in them (e.g. two different kinds of stone). Wheelbarrows are optional; I've seen the behavior both with wheelbarrows (stone stockpiles) and without (bar stockpiles).
5) Create a hauling route, with the single track stop, and the minecart. Link the track stop to both stockpiles, and set it to accept both kinds of items.
After the vehicle has been placed and the feeder stockpiles have been filled up, dwarves will start moving items from ONE stockpile to the minecart.
After saving and loading the game, they will move items from BOTH stockpiles to the minecart.
|Additional Information||A saved game would not be useful, because loading a saved game "fixes" the problem, so I won't upload a save unless there's a very specific need.|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Reminder sent to: greycat
Presumably you could still upload a save in which the problem is about to occur, or in which some of the steps have already been completed?
OK, if it will help: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8729 [^]
At hotkey F2, there are two stone stockpiles next to a track stop, with the track stop built to dump west (into a third stockpile). There are some minecarts sitting in the carpentry shop. Create a hauling route with a stop that takes from the two 2x2 stone stockpiles, assign a vehicle, and set the stop to take both kinds of stone with no departure conditions.
After a few moments, dwarves will start moving stones from ONE of the 2x2 stockpiles into the minecart, but not from the other stockpile.
If you do all that, save, and reload the game, they will start moving stones from BOTH stockpiles.
edited on: 2014-07-03 09:02
They're definitely taking stone from both stockpiles for me - stockpile 8 contains both quartzite and granite, while 9 and 10 are set to take only quartzite and granite, respectively. Did you purchase the wheelbarrows and/or minecarts on embark, or did you make all of them in the fortress?
edited on: 2014-07-03 09:06
I made all the wheelbarrows and minecarts locally (you can see this because there are no parentheses around them).
If they take from stockpiles 9 and 10 without saving/reloading for you, then this might be a platform-specific bug.
edited on: 2014-07-03 10:04
It may require saving at an earlier stage - I'll try reproducing it in a new fortress. I can test the save on Linux as well.
|This problem does not seem to occur in 0.40.05 (Linux). I have a fortress with two stockpiles feeding a single minecart route, and it worked without save/load.|
edited on: 2015-12-27 19:58
Perhaps the bug is intermittent, which would explain why it worked one time in 0.40.05. But that's the only time I've seen it work without a save/load since the initial report.
The same bug is still happening for me in 0.42.04, as well as in various earlier releases.
Another possibility is that there's something about the order in which I create the hauling route, the stockpile links, etc. Other people doing things in a different order may not see the same issue...?
Here's another save, from 0.42.04: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11563 [^]
Steps to reproduce. Note that there are two felled trees a bit north of the mason's shop, thus two kinds of wood.
1) bCSd (create a track stop, dumping north). Place it anywhere with some space on all sides of it. Select a microcline block. Esc Esc.
2) pw (move) Enter Enter Esc (create a 1x1 wood stockpile, due north of the place the track stop is going to be).
3) q (move) a Esc (query the 1x1 stockpile, set it to take from links only).
4) pw (move) Enter (move) Enter Esc (create a 2x2 wood stockpile nearby).
5) q (move) s (set the 2x2 stockpile to take only "peach trees"). Esc Esc.
6) pw (move) Enter (move) Enter Esc (create another 2x2 wood stockpile nearby).
7) q (move) s (set the second 2x2 stockpile to take only "apricot trees"). Esc Esc.
8) Space (wait) Space (unpause for a bit, let some hauling jobs begin).
9) hr (move to the track stop) v (select a minecart).
10) (still in the route, cursor on the track stop) s Enter xxx Enter (select wood, any kind) Esc.
11) (still in the track stop) s (move) p (take from first 2x2 stockpile).
12) (still in the track stop) s (move) p (take from second 2x2 stockpile).
13) Esc Esc (back to main menu), Space (let it run).
Result: track stop is constructed, minecart is placed. The 2x2 stockpiles get wood. The apricot tree wood in the second one is moved to the minecart, thence to the 1x1 stockpile. The peach tree wood in the first one is never moved to the minecart.
I have a stop in the current version of the DF which is 47.04 and this have not occurred for me. I have a stop with multiple stockpile links and they all are working without having to save/load.
Perhaps this was fixed at some point down the road? Can you re-test and report back if this is now working as intended.
|2014-06-28 10:56||greycat||New Issue|
|2014-07-01 21:07||Footkerchief||Note Added: 0024866|
|2014-07-03 08:47||greycat||Note Added: 0024867|
|2014-07-03 09:01||lethosor||Note Added: 0024868|
|2014-07-03 09:02||lethosor||Note Edited: 0024868||View Revisions|
|2014-07-03 09:06||greycat||Note Added: 0024869|
|2014-07-03 09:06||greycat||Note Edited: 0024869||View Revisions|
|2014-07-03 09:51||lethosor||Note Added: 0024870|
|2014-07-03 09:51||lethosor||Note Edited: 0024870||View Revisions|
|2014-07-03 09:52||lethosor||Note Edited: 0024870||View Revisions|
|2014-07-03 09:53||lethosor||Note Edited: 0024870||View Revisions|
|2014-07-03 10:04||lethosor||Note Edited: 0024870||View Revisions|
|2014-08-02 16:03||greycat||Note Added: 0028175|
|2014-08-02 18:01||Footkerchief||Note Added: 0028181|
|2014-08-02 18:01||Footkerchief||Status||new => resolved|
|2014-08-02 18:01||Footkerchief||Resolution||open => unable to reproduce|
|2014-08-02 18:01||Footkerchief||Assigned To||=> Footkerchief|
|2015-12-27 19:14||greycat||Note Added: 0034233|
|2015-12-27 19:14||greycat||Status||resolved => needs feedback|
|2015-12-27 19:14||greycat||Resolution||unable to reproduce => reopened|
|2015-12-27 19:14||greycat||Note Edited: 0034233||View Revisions|
|2015-12-27 19:58||greycat||Note Edited: 0034233||View Revisions|
|2021-01-08 08:38||Treah||Note Added: 0040846|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2010 MantisBT Group|